Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's a Wrap

Have you finished wrapping all your Christmas presents?  Or are you one of those that is still last minute shopping?  I usually am one of those that is the latter, although, this year I actually have already bought all my presents, and have them wrapped and under the tree.


For those of you that still are in the process of buying and wrapping your gifts, here is a little inspiration for your gifts to have the "total package" based on trends for the 2010 Christmas Season:

Color Trends:
  • Purple, black, deep burnt orange, blue, brown, & pink
  • Metallics- bronze, gold, copper, silver 
  • Lime green, dark wine or burgundy, & ivory instead of the traditional red, green, & white

Vintage:

           


    Blue:
    • Blue and its hues are the hottest interior design colors of 2010.
                         

    Birds & Botanicals:
    • These little tweeties are still showing up, even in wrapping paper.  I love the second paper, because it has a "vintage" look to it as well.

    Bird Collage Christmas Wrapping Paper
    Prints: 
    • Great example of the color trends listed above here ~
                                  


    Plain & Simple / Natural:
    • This is what it is.  I like this because it looks fresh & simple.  Plus, it seems to tie into all of the "natural" themes I've seen in decorating this year.
                              

    Use What You Got / Go Green:
    • I love this one... I don't think I could ever make newspaper look as good as they did here.  But what a great excuse for last minute wrapping?  "Uhhhh, I'm going green. Yeah, that's it (no, I didn't forget to wrap your present...)"
            
          
    Doilies or Lace:
    • Very pretty & kinda have a shabby chic, romantic look to them.

                

    Fabric:
    • This is also awesome, especially the shirt.  2 gifts in 1!  I've learned the Japanese art of wrapping with fabric is called Furoshiki, & is also very eco-friendly!
            recycle an old shirt for wrapping gift

    Well there you have it!  I saw some awesome ideas for creatively wrapping Christmas presents, now if I actually have the time to try some of them out, that is another story...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment