Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mean, Green, Clean Machines!

Happy New Year!  One of my goals for the new year is to keep my house not only clean, but clean it with as little chemicals as possible.  Meet 2 of my new Christmas presents that will help me reach that goal:

New best friend # 1: (I know it's hard to look past the mess in the background, but try...)

"Dy"


















& new best friend # 2:

"Sharky"














Yes, I love them both dearly.

I was so inspired to start cleaning, even I surprised myself!

I could not even believe how much crud was in that vacuum after only vacuuming our room and living room. And, to top it all off, I had just vacuumed our room right before Christmas!  I mean the amount of dust this thing picks up is unbelievable!

Here is a close-up:















Ok, that is craziness!  Only 2 rooms worth (and a little bit of Christmas leftovers...)!  Seriously, I promise I have cleaned before!  Really gross, but at the same time awesome!  I'm so hoping that my new BFF will help cut down on some of our dust problem.

The "ball" is also awesome!  I mean, it actually makes vacuuming fun!  Another perk are Dyson vacuums are considered both "sustainable" and "environmentally friendly".

"Sharky" is also very "green" in it's own right, as it cleans with steam only, so it cleans & sanitizes without chemicals.  I'm sure you've seen the info-mercials.  Well, I only pulled it out to clean my bathroom so far, and it is awesome as well!

Look at the crud that it got up from my shower floor:




























Ewwwwww! Ok, I could not believe my eyes when this nasty stuff started coming up.  I have tried every single bathroom cleaner I can think of (besides just throwing bleach on it), & nothing would budge it.  I was so disgusted by this nastiness, but it was also so cool at how it just came up like "butta".  Gross!  That was the brush attachment I was using.

On the downside, the large cleaning pads seemed to work best on flat surfaces, & it was difficult to get clean down inside sinks and the tub, & also would not clean the scum off my shower door.  I will say they need to have a larger brush attachment to get to hard areas like this, because the brush is what seems to work best on stuff like that.  I did have to follow with a cloth for wiping up excess ewginess that the large cleaning pads left.  The squeegee attachment cleaned the mirror well, without streaking, so that was a plus.  Anyway for the most part it seems like a great machine.

Here's to a clean and healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment