Saturday, February 19, 2011

Inspirational Trip to the Local Antique Mall

Today, I decided to venture to the antique mall in my community.  I just recently discovered it was there (it is on the outskirts of town going the opposite direction). 

With my 2 kids in tow, I went for a visit (they did pretty well, but I think I wore the phrase "don't touch that!" out.  I'm also sure everyone that works in the store & that was shopping there today know both their names). 

This particular "mall" is set up with vendor booths, & has over 100 booths (or at least I read that, I didn't count them).  I did notice a huge difference between the vendors in what items they had displayed, & how they chose to display their items.

My head was spinning & my feet were aching, but I had to check out every-single-booth to see if there were any "treasure" that I needed to take home with me. 

Here is my favorite booth set up: 







I think it looks so yummy cozy.  I wanted to just camp out there.








Here is that hutch on the right hand side up close:







Yes, you will be mine, someday.  I just didn't have the $300 bucks to drop on it today. 

Actually, their prices were very reasonable, in terms of antiques.  Most of the furniture pieces were $300 or less, & they were having a "madness sale", so many vendor's booths had discounts, some up to 50%!  However, usually the custom painted pieces were higher, & although I could easily do this myself, it's nice to have it already done! 






Here is a piece that I could paint up, but it wasn't as big as I would like:











I do love the cottage-y look it has. 










This is an adorable piece for a little girl's room, but again, not only was it up there in terms of price, but I don't think I even have a corner to put it in my daughter's room.






















This buffet WAS very inexpensive (less than $200, I think), & it would look awesome with a paint job:








Hmmmm, maybe I will keep that one in mind...







Another cute little corner set up:









but boo-hoo, this one was "for display only".  Really?












I found some great chandelier's: 




Some actually pretty vintage.  Here is the one I ended up getting to go over my dining room table:









I couldn't get a great picture of it, but it has teacups!  I thought that was so unique.  The only problem, is that it will hold only 1 bulb now, but for $25, that's cool with me.










I saw lots of stained glass "windows"- here's 2 I liked:

        















And of course, my favorite, owls:




























I took these bookends home for only $7!









Can't forget the vintage potato sacks.  I will be thinking about what I could do with these... pillows maybe?  I don't know.  They were kind of pricey @ $20 a sack.























Lots of great old doors w/ chippy paint:






















This is a cabinet made out of old shutters (Love it!):






















Cool old crates & bottles:






















I thought this was a great idea, weaving old neck ties to make the seat on a chair!  Brilliant!









This booth also had one in white with gold-toned neck ties (you can see it barely on the left).











As you can see, I had a great time.  I definitely plan to go back for more, & got some great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment