Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Little Christmas Eye Candy

As December has all of a sudden snuck up on me, (really, where has fall gone?) I find myself needing some fresh Christmas inspiration to get into the decorating mode.  But really, there are not enough hours in the day.  The outside of our house is decorated, (thanks to the Mr. & his obsession with finding the perfect lights- seriously, it took about 1 week), but the inside is more than lacking in the "Christmas Spirit".

Here are some pictures I found to get myself motivated to move-the-big-pile-of-fall-decorations-from-the-middle-of-my-living-room-floor back into their home in my garage storage building, & blow the dust off the boxes of Christmas decor.  If you haven't already gotten into "decking your halls", hopefully this will help get those wheels turning.

I've really been drawn towards shabby/rustic-y/natural-y/cottage-y type decor recently, & I'm really wanting to incorporate some of those looks into my Christmas decorating scheme, but w/o having to break the bank.  I'm also into "shopping my house" & looking for ways to use/reuse what I have to come up with new ideas & inspiration (very "green").  Again, garage sales & thrift shops (aka Goodwill - see my previous post regarding my love for that place) are great ways to find some inexpensive pieces to create a completely new look.  Here comes the inspiration!

Pine Cone Swagged CupboardDining Roomottoman with presents surroundingOrnaments in ClochesWhite chair with peach roseassorted ornaments in glass bowl

Color of the SeasonProclaim ItCandle Decorated Manteldetail wreath on top of mantelwhite gloves hanging from mantelStockings over fireplace, with Cranberry candlesNatural Nest WreathCardinal WreathCranberry wreathHoliday decorated fireplace mantel and tableHoliday mantel with urns and candlesPresents with green, black, white embellishmentswhite and green holiday home decoratingsofa table with topiarieshutch with white dishesholiday dining roomOld window decorations with evergreen wreathsBreakfront BeautyAn Elegant AffairSilver ChristmasOrnaments on HighTopiaries in a Rowdishes with red-and-white transferwarepomegranates and mini trees on mantelThe Right FormulaMantel displayVintage VisionChristmas decorated roomPewter pitchers on mantelBeige living roomMantel with chairsmantel with stockings and ribbonPeace On Earth Living RoomChristmas Decorations, Buffet table, Square WreathesGreen ball Christmas treeHanging wreathsCeiling medallions as wall artFrame DisplayFlea market window as card holderOrnaments on the staircaseelegant ornament garlandGlass Bowl Filled With Silver BallsOrnaments hanging from chandelier

Colorful Evergreen DisplayTree of Christmas CardsSnow-Puff WreathJingling Bell Jars

Whew!!! Anyone else's head spinning??? I need to stop already with the pictures!  But I sure am drooling, and loaded with some new inspiration!  Wish me luck!
*All pictures courtesy Better Homes and Gardens www.bhg.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment