Monday, December 13, 2010

A Hint of Christmas...Vignettes!

"Vignettes"- (thought I'd get into the blog lingo, yes, I'm such a joiner-).  Vignettes are "groupings" of "still life that creates a mood and makes your room look polished and pulled together" according to HGTV.  See their "8 Tips for Making Beautiful Vignettes" here for more inspiration.


Anyway, here's a taste of what's been going on around my house recently: 


Don't mind the blue pjs on the floor in the background...


I know that brown thing looks like a cupcake, but it's not, I promise!  I had an ugly Christmas swag from about 1999 or something, so I decided to pull off all the components and repurpose them throughout my house.  This is some type of cone-thingy complete with faux snow/ice!  I mean, can you get any better???



I found all 3 of these apothecary-type jars at one of my regular, yes, you guessed it, Goodwill outings. (Did I even need to say that?)  Anyway, the biggest one was brand new in it's original box, and came with the "winter fill".  The other two I filled with gold jingle bells & green filler crystals.  You can still my leopard mirror that is not in the Christmas spirit.  See my after treatment here.


I already had this container/planter, who knows were it came from, but I filled it with cinnamon scented pine cones & some more of that sacrificed swag.  (By the way, the smell of the cinnamon pine cones so does not last).


Christmas tree shoved into a creamer, gotta love that!


Sorry the picture is a little blurry, but I found both this tarnished brass tray & container (and I love the tarnished look they have) at Goodwill (did you guess?). The Nativity Scene is an ornament, & probably as old as me. I just decided this year to use it off the tree rather than on the tree.

More sacrificed swag pieces- don't you love the fake ice crystals?







        






Dining Room buffet

And to finish this post, my Nativity.  I usually have set it up over on my buffet, but this year I decided to use this tray and scattered some mossy stuff around.  I think it gives it a more "authentic" look.  Made any Christmas "vignettes" around your casa?

No comments:

Post a Comment